Deletion of Criminal Records
Any citizen convicted of a crime by a final judgment is registered in the Central Register of Convicted Persons. After a certain period of time has elapsed, after serving a sentence, the citizen in question has the right to obtain the cancellation of his or her criminal record from the Spanish Ministry of Justice.
If he/she meets the necessary requirements to cancel his/her record, he/she may request the cancellation from the Ministry of Justice.
The requirements are as follows:
Not to have offended again for during:
- Six months for light penalties.
- Two years for sentences not exceeding twelve months and those imposed for reckless offenses.
- Three years for the remaining less serious penalties of less than three years.
- Five years for the remaining less serious penalties equal to or greater than three years.
- Ten years for serious penalties.
Without the expungement of a criminal record, a foreign citizen may have problems when applying for or renewing a permit or, as the case may be, when applying for nationality. For this reason, it is essential to cancel the criminal records of foreign citizens.
We offer you a quality service for the cancellation of criminal records so that you can carry out any immigration procedure without any problem (among them, the application for Spanish nationality).
Do you need legal advice?